The school’s vision is to ensure that children are ‘Physically, Creatively and Academically fit for life!’.
At Orchard we believe that part of our role as a school is to prepare children for later life. During their time with us they need to develop essential life skills for them to become well-rounded individuals who can reach their personal best. We use the Youth Sports Trust’s My Personal Best initiative to help us achieve this. There are three trees, each split up into eight life skills that will help children to flourish. The ‘Healthy Me’ tree focuses on developing the traits required for an understanding of good health and well-being. This tree helps children to be healthy, confident and happy. The second tree, ‘Thinking Me’, targets children’s understanding of learning and encourages them to make good choices. The life skills associated with this tree focus on developing a love of learning. Finally, the third tree is called ‘Social Me’. This helps children to build relationships with their peers and work well with others.
This year we will focus on the ‘trunk’ or ‘core’ values of each tree: Respect Resilience Trust Resourcefulness Integrity Reflection
These life skills or values help the children to become academically, creatively and physically fit for life.
- The education we provide is based on British values and rights: democracy, the rule of law, freedom of speech, individual liberty, equality of gender, and mutual acceptance of those with different beliefs and sexual orientation
- We aim to provide a broad education, based not only on the core curriculum but encompassing a range of subjects and extra-curricular activities.
- We constantly evaluate our performance and strive to do better – working according to clearly articulated plans and strategies, as represented in annual School Improvement and longer term Strategy plans.
- We aim to be at the forefront of educational practice.
- The Orchard community (staff, parents, pupils, supporters) aim to work as one team; with all members supporting the community as a whole.